If you’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing or working with anyone from the Fueld team, her name is sure to come up! Drum roll please…She’s the woman who keeps the day-to-day running smoothly, the one who can light up the office with laughter at any given moment and she’s ultimately one of Fueld’s greatest secret weapons to keeping everyone on que! Meet: Lauren Sawyer, Fueld’s behind the scenes rock star, whose multitasking super powers keep the office running at peak performance! Since her May 2013 arrival into the Fueld family of folks, things around the office have never been better! Lauren adds so much and more to the team that we’ve decided to put her in the spotlight with this quick “get to know” Q&A! Read & enjoy!
Full name: Lauren Sawyer
Current Title/Company: Office Producer/Executive Assistant
Educational Background: The University of Texas at Austin
1. What was your first job out of college?
“Backpacker” does that count? I pretended like it was a job, haha I traveled around Western Europe for a while. When I finally came back home I managed a Commercial Realty Company.
2. When and how did you become part of the Fueld family?
May 2013. Fate brought us together. I interviewed with someone else and they gave my name to Fueld.
3. After landing the job with Fueld, how did you make yourself standout in your specific role?
That is a question for my coworkers/bosses…but if I hadddd to say, I think I bring humor and understanding without sacrificing quality of work. And I’m stubborn, so if something isn’t working, I find a way to make it better.
4. What is the most challenging and rewarding part of your job?
Challenging: Brady challenging me to break dancing competitions. Rewarding: the people I work with and get to meet on the job.
5. What are some of the most valuable things you have learned in your career?
How special and important every role is to making a quality collaborative product, and how people thrive when they are in a loving and supportive environment.
6. Austin is a very creatively driven city with so many seeking to break in to the biz. What advice would you give to those looking to work on the production side of things?
Keep doing your best work, no matter what the task, and someone will notice. You can’t keep a hard worker down.
7. When you’re not running the office, what do you do for you? Do you have a favorite hobby or creative outlet? What do you nerd out over?
I volunteer with animals and kids, Austin Humane Society and Make A Wish. Puts things into perspective for me. I also love dancing and yoga, and live music. If I could go to a concert and dance everyday I would. But I seriously nerd out over movies/shows. I have probably seen every movie (good and bad sad to say) out there and will have show marathons in a dark room. Not my proudest moments.
8. Morning beverage of choice?
Coffee please for the love of all things kind.
9. Lunch! Favorite place to grab a bite?
Nom Nom? Does that answer the question? I am a foodie and love good food. Please feed me, I will be your best friend.
10. Go-to work outfit?
Anything I can move in, I love dresses.
11. Favorite place to go unwind & relax?
Home. Or somewhere outside. I love being out in nature. Water nearby is a plus.
12. Favorite movie or TV series and why?
Too difficult to say. I love too many things. I can say my most recent additions to my favorites are for movie drama, Broken Circle Breakdown, so sad but amazing movie. TV, Shameless on HBO, the remake of the British TV series. Love it.
13. Who inspires you and why?
My dad. He was a self made man, a great story teller, and had an amazing sense of humor. He could make any situation funny and never took himself too seriously. And if he didn’t know how to do something he would teach himself or make a friend who had that skill.
14. Hidden talents?
I’m double jointed in my fingers AND can serenade on the guitar. I also happen to know how to rap. But please don’t ask me to. Neither of us would ever forget that experience.
15. Quote that you live by or that just sticks out in your mind?
“It is never too late to be what you might have been.” Don’t let anyone put you in a box, least of all yourself.
16. If you could go to lunch with any celebrity, who would it be and what would you order?
Well if the meal included dessert, it would have to be Gerard Butler. But if it was for amazing conversation and appetizers, Bill Murray hands down.